Doctrinal Basis and Purpose of AMS
- The Seminary believes and professes that the Holy Scriptures of the Old and the New Testaments are the Holy Word of God and the only source and infallible norm of all Church doctrine and practice.
- The Seminary adheres to the Apostles’ Creed, the Nicene Creed and the Athanasian Creed, which were formulated by the early Fathers and accepted by the ancient Church.
- The Seminary sees in the Unaltered Augsburg confession, which was worded by the Church Reformers, as well as in Luther’s Catechisms, a pure exposition of the word of God.
The Seminary shall try to serve the Triune God, His Church and His people through:
- The building of God’s church through the development of consecrated and capable Ethiopian leadership for the church.
- The establishment and nurture of congregations through the training and continuing education of pastors, evangelists, church leaders and teachers.
- The proclamation of the Gospel through right teaching and preaching of God’s word in such a way that it becomes meaningful to the Ethiopian citizens in their cultural settings.
- Against this background, the institutional purpose of the Seminary is to prepare and equip men and women in view of the holistic ministry of the EECMY for Christian ministry in an African context.
To observe critically the cultural background of Christian incidents for Christian ministry, and theological education for men and women preparing for Christian ministry. And to produce matured Christian education in men and women already engaged in the Christian ministry.